There are three storylines within this series. The main storyline includes The Green Ember, Ember Falls, Ember Rising, and Ember’s End. Readers follow Heather and Picket as they join the fight to save their world.
About S. D. Smith:
S.D. Smith is the best husband Gina Smith has so far had and father to four Smithereens who are still young enough to appreciate what passes for his wit and wisdom. Sam is a West Virginia native, a sometime sojourner in southern Africa and the Caribbean, and current resident of his house.
Sam is an award-losing author, having featured as a runner-up for the West Virginia Fiction Award, World Magazine’s Children’s Book of the Year, and Audible’s Kids Audiobook of the Year. He has also lost every other literary award ever given over the entire course of human history.
Sam is a co-founder of Story Warren, a site for parents and others dedicated to helping foster holy imagination in children. He is passionate about Kindling Imagination for Kingdom Anticipation, about how stories and play can train us for a richer faith and more intentional lives.
About The Green Ember:
- Finalist for Audible’s Kid’s Book of the Year
- Spent days as #1 bestselling overall audiobook in the world on Audible
- Persistently Amazon’s #1 Bestseller in multiple categories in multiple formats (print, ebook, audio)
- Achieved Top 100 Author Rank on Amazon (highest at #51 overall)
- Spent days as #1 Bestselling Kid’s Audiobook in the World on Audible, topping Harry Potter
- Finalist for Children’s Book of the Year in World Magazine
Praise for Ember Rising:
“The best installment in the Green Ember Series yet. Heroic, soulful, and inspirational, Ember Rising has ascended to the top of my list of recommendations for children and adults alike.” – Jaime Showmaker, Storyformed
“The most intense and thrilling Green Ember adventure yet! It has the same spectacular action and soul-sweet beauty we have come to expect from S. D. Smith’s fantastic tales, but here all is amplified. In Ember Rising, The Green Ember Series truly soars!” – Jamin Still, painter, author, Ellen and the Winter Wolves