This set contains Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, softcover textbook, Solutions and Tests Manual, Student Notebook, MP3 Audio CD, and Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition – Textbook, Solutions and Tests Manual, Student Notebook, MP3 Audio CD, and Video Instruction Thumb Drive
This set includes five items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology product line: the softcover textbook, Solutions and Tests Manual, Student Notebook, MP3 Audio CD, and Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
- Prerequisites: Biology & Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Tests Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return. Once the MP3 CD is opened, it is not eligible for return. Once the Thumb Drive is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
This homeschool high school human body course covers both the anatomy and physiology of each of the human body’s organ systems for those students who have successfully completed high school biology and chemistry classes. It is recommended for 12th grade, although it could be taken earlier if the science prerequisites are met. When fully completed, this course can be listed as honors and/or an advanced course on high school transcripts. You can rest assured that the subject matter covered in this course is rigorous enough to prepare students for college-level work. Please note that the reproductive system is covered in detail, including accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.
- Prerequisites: Biology and Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- As there are many good options for a student to choose from, we have decided to let the student and/or instructor pick the anatomy coloring book that best fits their needs. Many anatomy coloring books cover the same basic human body functions and the process of coloring anatomical images helps students make connections to the text they are reading. Therefore, we recommend that where the 2nd edition textbook gives specific page numbers for the Kaplan coloring book, the student use this information to locate similar pages in his or her coloring book. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you understand.
This study will introduce the organizational levels of the human body from a single cell to the 11 major organ systems:
The softcover student textbook contains all student material, study questions, laboratory exercises, and module study guides with color photos and illustrations. The second edition of our Human Body course includes the following enhanced features:
- High-quality color illustrations
- More in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts
- Online resources that explore concepts in more detail
- Greater emphasis on connecting creation to the Creator
This course is designed so that a student should be able to complete it in two semesters, spending about 45 minutes, five days a week, on the subject. During this time, students read an assigned portion of their softcover student textbook, stopping throughout each predetermined section to answer On Your Own questions to check their comprehension before moving forward. Students self-check their answers against the detailed answers provided at the end of each module. Laboratory exercises are conducted throughout each module so that students have a hands-on lab component in their scientific study. These have been designed to work in a homeschool environment. Coloring book exercises are clearly marked in the textbook so that students know when to use this excellent tool for studying and remembering anatomy.
Marilyn M. Shannon;
Apologia Educational Ministries