“The work which is of most importance to society is the bringing-up and instruction of the children—more than anything [it is] the home influences brought to bear upon the child that determine the character and career of the future man or woman.”—Charlotte Mason
Charlotte Mason (1842–1923) was 100 years ahead of her time in developing an educational philosophy that stressed bringing broad and stimulating education to a child in a noncompetitive, Biblically-based way. Her timeless, practical insights and her emphasis on the responsibility of the home have made her a founding influence in the homeschooling movement.
Home Education focuses on the training and educating of children under nine. In it you will discover
- how to encourage growth in your child mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically;
- practical and simple ideas for enjoying time outdoors;
- the power of good habits and how to cultivate them in your child;
- how to create the best growing ground for your preschooler;
- natural and effective methods for educational lessons in your child’s elementary years;
- ideas to help you strengthen your child’s will and instruct his conscience.
“Teachers owe much to Charlotte Mason’s deep insight into child psychology and to the new principles in character building and mind training which she advocated. The gratitude of [those] who have profited by her counsel will be her enduring memorial.”—Elizabeth R., Her Majesty the Queen Mother of England