A one-semester course for grades 4 or 5 and up
The TCH2A student edition includes weekly chapter lessons that present a chronological narrative of history. Accompanying sidebars feature historical and archaeological tidbits, discussion questions, and Greek/Latin root words for key vocabulary. A wealth of exercises, hands-on projects and activities, maps, and appendices help to present the study of history in an engaging, creative manner.
The Curious Historian Level 2A: Greece and the Classical World (TCH2A) introduces students to:
- Unit I: The Greek and Classical Period
- The world of the Greek polis
- Greek government and colonization
- The Persian and Peloponnesian Wars
- Greek culture: the Olympic Games, literature, sculpture, and religion
- Unit II: The Hellenistic World
- Philip II and Alexander the Great
- Alexander’s Successors and the Hellenistic kingdoms
- Gifted Greeks—scientists, historians, philosophers, and more
- Unit III: The Far East
- India’s first 3 empires
- China during the Spring and Autumn Period
- The Eastern religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Confucianism, and Daoism
Plus: A supplemental Go Deeper PDF is available to view for free here! This resource includes additional information to share with your students or explore for your own interest: links to museum collections of artifacts, links to virtual tours of ruins and key sites in Greece, fun tidbits (Did you know the world’s oldest intact shipwreck discovered so far is a Greek trading vessel called the Odysseus? Or would you and your students enjoy learning what ancient Greek music might have sounded like?), and much more. Icons in the teacher’s edition indicate when to reference this optional resource.
The Curious Historian Level 1A -Student Edition
The Curious Historian Level 1A- Teacher Edition
The Curious Historian Level 1B – Student Edition
The Curious Historian Level 1B – Teacher Edition
The Curious Historian Level 2A – Student Edition
The Curious Historian Level 2A – Teacher Edition
There are no reviews yet.