About Classical Education Books
CEB’s mission is to provide Canadian families with all the books, and when necessary, the curriculum they need to provide a Classical Christian Education. We aim to be convenient and courteous; quick and competitive. If it’s about or for Classical Education, you’ll find it here. If you don’t find it, please send us an email. We’d love to hear from you. If you don’t receive an immediate response please forgive us. We’re likely near the end of a good book and we can’t put it down.
You can find out exactly how much shipping will cost before you place your order. Please use our handy-dandy shipping calculator in the shopping cart. Just add all the books to your cart (no need to worry about re-shelving), then tell the shipping calculator where you live. It will give you live, accurate, exactly right postage rates. Almost as if you were talking with a customer service agent. If you need to take a few books out of your cart, that’s ok. Think about adding them to a wishlist so you can remember that you wanted them, and we can look forward to seeing you again.
This option is available once the value of your order is more than $300 before taxes.
- We always use Canada Post Expedited service to get your treasures to you.
- You must select this option; it is not automatic.
- We cannot combine orders to meet the minimum.
Some books fit within the parameters of Canada Post’s economical Lettermail service. If they are under 500 grams they usually qualify. So rather than pay a ton on shipping, try using the promotional code “Lettermail” when you have only one copy of one of these small books in your cart. If you see a discount of $8.00 that means you can proceed with the order and we will ship that lonely little book to you in the bags of the Canada Post lettermail carriers.
Local Pick Up
If you would like to pick up your order from our location in Langley, BC you may request the “Local Pick Up” option instead of shipping when you check out. Please allow the standard of up to 4 business days for us to prepare your order. Once your order is ready for pick up, you will be notified via email which will also provide the pick up location details.
We offer Expedited and Priority service. If you use our calculator as instructed below, you’ll find out just how much of a priority that shipping really is. Keep in mind that the shipping time starts after we have processed and made your order ready for shipping. That can take up to 4 days. If you need it rushed, please check our terms to rush an order.
UPS Next Day Air
Just in case you need it yesterday, we can’t get it to you. But we can get it to you tomorrow for a small fortune. Keep in mind that the shipping time starts after we have processed and made your order ready for shipping. That can take up to 4 days. If you need it rushed, please check our terms to rush an order.
There are often good reasons to make something happen yesterday. We can help you hurry if you let us know it’s necessary. Just write “RUSH ORDER” in the notes before you submit your order. In that case, we’ll summon all our minions and we’ll pay attention. We’ll get right on it and have that order to the shipping company within 8 hours if we have all the items you need. We will also charge you a service fee of $25 to rush your order.
Once your order is processing, we do our very best to have it picked and packed and handed over to the shipper in 2-4 business days. Sometimes our very best isn’t good enough and it takes a little longer then 2-4 business days. Here are some typical reasons why it can be later, and some scenarios to help us all understand what’s going on.
- Someone just scooped up the last book and you are left holding the empty bag. Chances are there are already tons more copies rushing towards us, eager to get to you. So it won’t be more than a few more days before we can fill up your bag/box and send it off.
- We’re trying to get to as many conventions as we can to meet you and all your friends and since we can’t be in two places at once, we’ll let your order hang out on its own for 1 or 2 days before we get to it. We don’t like this any more than you do. But we try to keep this to only 3 or 4 times a year, typically within March-May. We look forward to the day we can leave someone home to take care of orders. But so far no one wants to stay home. Can you blame them?
- Our computer crashed. I know, it’s lame. But it can happen. It hasn’t happened to us yet. But just in case, here’s the excuse.
- We were packing your order and we had to stop to read every book and gently hold every curriculum choice because we just love your selection SO MUCH! (In this case, an email from you might pull us back into reality…)
- We just can’t pack all the orders at the same time. We would like to but there’s this thing called “time” that keeps making us contemplate sequence. The truth is, someone got in line ahead of you and we have to get their order out first otherwise they’ll be sending us an email, and then we have to reply, and then we start chatting, and then we start reminiscing over our favorite books, and then we totally don’t get to your order. Maybe if you email first? No, how about this:
- We will email you if there is an issue with your order that requires us to hold it longer than 5 days.
If there is a reason for us to hold your order longer than 5 business days, that’s after statutory holidays are considered, then we will email you (just in case you missed it above).
If you selected free shipping, and we need to backorder a title we will hold your entire order until we can ship. If this will take longer than 5 days we will notify you of the total wait time. You will be given 3 options:
- Wait until the entire order is ready for free shipping
- Have us release what is available, and pay a flat rate of $5-$10 to have the backordered book(s) shipped when then are ready
- Cancel the backordered title
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order?
You may order through the website as a preferable way to order. Follow the prompts on the website, checkout from our online shopping cart using one of three payment options, Credit Card, direct transfer, or purchase order number. A confirmation email will follow your order with further instructions if necessary.
We will also accept email orders. Please send us the details:
- if you have a particularly large order in spreadsheet form that easily communicates the items and quantities you require
- if you want to change up a package listed on our website to suite your unique needs and tastes
- if there are circumstances beyond your control that are preventing you from ordering via our website in your own leisure time, while sipping your favorite beverage, in your most comfortable chair, at the most unreasonable hour of the day
Email orders will be confirmed with sales order listing the item details and final costs. Once you approve the sales order, we will email a link to you that will give you access to our secure, online credit card terminal where you can make payment. As soon as we receive payment your order will be considered received and complete, and it will be released for shipping.
Phone and Text Messages
We do not accept orders over the phone or text messages. We will consult with you and discuss your needs and answer questions, but we will not take orders.
Can I change or remove any titles from the curriculum packages?
Yes! If you wish to change a package, or if you have a list already made, just send us an email with the details. We will be in touch with you to complete your order. See above for our email ordering process.
Do you take Purchase Orders?
Yes! We take purchase orders. You may order via the website, or email. See above for our ordering process.
If you use the website, select the Purchase Order payment method on checkout. You may enter one purchase order number (hereafter called PO Number) per order. If you enter more than one PO number, only the first PO number will be submitted to your school and the other PO numbers will be ignored. We are not responsible to allocate amounts among numerous PO numbers. If you need to use more than one PO number, then you need to place more than one order.
If you decide to order via email, please clearly indicate which items are to be charged to each PO number. We will create an order for each PO number. We will not combine orders, and we will not receive instructions about dollar amounts to allocate to PO numbers at our discretion. You must clearly outline for us which items are to be charged with each PO number. If any single order falls below $300, a shipping charge will be applied.
Most orders that are paid with a PO number will be held until the school pays for the order. Some schools that have excellent payment records will have their orders released before payment.
If your order is urgent we can release the books to you right away on the condition that you leave us with a credit card number. We will ask for a signed waiver authorizing us to charge your credit card if the school delays payment beyond 15 days or the school funds become unavailable. We reserve the right to charge a fee of $10.00 for this service.
Can I pay with an etransfer?
Yes! Select the Direct Transfer option when you checkout and instructions will follow via email.
I am planning to order several copies for my study group, will you give us a discount?
We do offer a discount on some books if you place a singe order of 10 copies or more. Please contact us with the title and quantity and we can confirm the discount.
We reserve the right, at any time, to change our prices for products or services sold, effective immediately upon posting on the site, or by email delivery to you.
We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
You may return items that are in new condition within 30 days. Some exclusions apply. Special orders are final sale. All orders that are paid with a purchase order number are final sale. Please contact your school to discuss your options.
You must receive an approval email from one of our team before you return your items. Without an approval we will not process your return. Please request your approval by using the Contact Form or reply to the order confirmation email.
You may choose an exchange or a refund for the pre-approved amount of the items you return. We reserve the right to charge a 10% restocking fee on larger returns.
If the items you are returning were part of an order that was over $300 and received free shipping, then your return will be assessed to see if the amount that you are keeping falls below $300. In that case, shipping costs would have applied on the amount that you are keeping so the cost of shipping the complete order will be deducted from your refund, as if you paid shipping since you no longer qualify for free shipping.
If you return individual items that were purchased as a package, bundle or set all individual items in the package, bundle or set will revert to the full retail price of the individual items. You will be charged for the prices of the individual items you kept, at their individual prices. The difference will then be refunded. For example, if you buy a set of two books that costs $18, and the books cost $10 individually, when you return one of the books you will be refunded $8.
All purchases paid with a purchase order number are final sale. We do not accept returns on items paid by Purchase Order.
Shipping Cost Refunds
We will not refund any shipping costs at any time. We will not refund an item that was damaged during the return shipping because it was poorly packaged.
Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
All damages on items received must be reported to us within 5 days after you receive the items.
Items must be new
CEB may refuse a customer return or charge a restocking fee when the returned item is not like new. Here are some examples of conditions that will lead to refused returns or charging a restocking fee:
- Packaging has been open (CDs, DVDs, Flashcards etc).
- Package purchased was not returned with all the items in the package (See note above regarding individual items returned from a set).
- Missing CDs or Flashcards
- Damage because it was improperly packaged for return shipment.
- Has been heavily used (pages are feathered and spine has been cracked open).
- Damage from drops, spilled liquid, or mishandling.
How will I know if you’ve received my return?
We will email or mail you a letter confirming that the return was processed. We will also provide you with a link that will take you to Canada Post’s website where you can enter your information and generate a shipping label to return the parcel. Simply attach the label firmly to your package and it is ready to be shipped. You may leave it at any Canada Post outlet.
A flat rate of $14 for return shipping costs will be deducted from your return. If you enter all the information correctly on the Canada Post website, you will receive tracking information emails to confirm it’s location and delivery.
How long does it take CEB to process my return?
After we receive your package, we normally process your exchange or refund within five business days.