Give your children the gift of poetry with the Enjoy the Poems series! Enjoy 26 complete poems, a portrait of the poet, and a living biography so you and your students can get to know John Greenleaf Whittier well.
Enjoy the Poems of John Greenleaf Whittier
A simple schedule suggests how you can linger with Whittier for a whole school year to learn his style and enjoy the poems together in just a few minutes once a week. Plus, Enjoy the Poems will help you
- Encourage imagination with helpful tips for Setting the Imaginary Stage.
- Nourish a love for poetic expression by allowing the poems to speak for themselves.
- Enjoy powerful use of language with occasional definitions.
- Gain confidence with practical and inspiring Poetry Notes from Charlotte Mason and others.
- Cultivate good character through beautiful words well put.
“The line that strikes us as we read, that recurs, that we murmur over at odd moments—this is the line that influences our living.”—Charlotte Mason
Influence your children’s living with the highest form of literature—Enjoy the poems!
Companion Books in Series
Enjoy the Poems of Emily Dickinson
Enjoy the Poems of Oliver Wendell Holmes
Enjoy the Poems of Robert Louis Stevenson
Enjoy the Poems of Lord Alfred Tennyson
Enjoy the Poems of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Enjoy the Poems of Carl Sandberg
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .1 in|
Simply Charlotte Mason